Friday, February 15, 2008

495. Abba - The Visitors (1981)
















Track Listing

1. Visitors
2. Head Over Heels
3. When All Is Said And Done
4. Soldiers
5. I Let The Music Speak
6. One Of Us
7. Two For The Price Of One
8. Slipping Through My Fingers
9. Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

Review

I didn't hate the first track, it seemed the start of a not bad album, but it wasn't. It's Valentine's night, gotta go bone my wife. Bye.

Track Highlights

1. The Visitors

Final Grade

6/10

Trivia

From Wikipedia:

With The Visitors, ABBA took several steps away from the "lighter" pop music they had done before. The album is regarded as a complex and mature effort. The opening track, "The Visitors", with its mysterious synthesizer sounds and the distinct lead vocal by Anni-Frid Lyngstad, announced a change in musical style. Even though Benny Andersson has said that the recording of The Visitors was sometimes difficult, the results that came out of the recording sessions were fantastic. Other stand out tracks on the album include the powerful "When All Is Said and Done", the operatic "I Let The Music Speak", and the magical "Like An Angel Passing Through My Room" (a rare ABBA song), consisting only of Frida's voice and Benny's synth.

The Visitors:

No comments: