Thursday, November 16, 2006

152. Elvis Presley - From Elvis in Memphis (1969)





















Track Listing

1. Wearin' That Loved On Look
2. Only The Strong Survive
3. I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms)
4. Long Black Limousine
5. It Keeps Right On Hurtin'
6. I'm Movin' On
7. Power Of My Love
8. Gentle On My Mind
9. After Loving You
10. True Love Travels On A Gravel Road
11. Any Day Now
12. In The Ghetto

Review

I really deeply dislike Elvis, and this album is no exception. It is probably one of the worst albums in the whole list up until now. Most songs are misses and just plain boring, repetitive affairs. The boom-chicka-boom stuff really isn't cutting it anymore in 1969.

There is one song which is above par here, and that is In The Ghetto, which is a great political track, without getting over propagandistic. A couple of other songs are also not bad, but 5 tracks out of a 12 track album does not an album make. Most of it is just plain crappy rehashed uninnovative middle of the road white trash crap.

Although the arrangements in most of the tracks are not bad they do not manage to save the tracks from their drearyness. It is just so boring that I actually dreaded putting this album on in the days before this review. I really hate it, sorry. Buy it if you must from Amazon UK or US.

Track Highlights


1. In The Ghetto
2. Any Day Now
3. Only The Strong Survive
4. Power Of My Love

Final Grade

4/10

Trivia

In The Ghetto:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, it's of course one of the best albums ever made. But everybodys taste is different.

Your blog has been great to follow.

Mattias, Gothenburg Sweden